1. ONLINE MAGNIFIER GLASS:
- DRAGNIFIER is totally FREE and is a magnifying glass that comes in various shapes and can enlarge a lot the text when you place your tool in the screen where you want to read something and you can download it
2. ONLINE SCREEN/ WEBPAGES READER:
This FREE Online screen reader is very useful for any visually impaired person and blind individual who is surfing the Internet using a different computer or is on the go and needs a tool Online to access the Internet.
You can access this amazing tool by going to:
3. EBOOK READER:
- YBOOK is a FREE ebook reader and youc an download it here:
4. MAGNIFIER AND SCREEN READER:
- ZOOMTEXT which is a magnifier/screen reader that can read you emails, webpages or anything else you have in your screen and also allows you to change your background and text color in any or all websites you visit among many other things.
There is a Trial Version you can download from http://www.synapseadaptive.com/aisquared/zoomtext_9/zoomtext_9_magnifier_reader.htm
And if you want to use it beyond their trial period you can buy it.
Zoomtext can be used fine on a MAC if you use Bootcamp.
5. SCREEN READERS:
- NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) is a TOTALLY FREE PROGRAM for Windows users that works as screen reader.
You can download it from:
- JAWS that is the leading screen reader in the world for visually impaired and totally blind people.
You can download a trial versiona at:
if you want this product wit you always you will have to buy it.
This program is also available on MAC.
NOTE: If you like their products and want to have it for life, PLEASE contact your local Organization or college and see if they can help you buy it for free or with a discount.
I know in some cases in the United States there are ways of getting these products for free or very cheap, please reach out for visually impaired friends in your area to see what you can work out.
If you live in Argentina I know there are also ways there to egt it for free or very cheap if you do a good research and talk to fellow visually impaired friends and organizations in your area.
If you live in other countries try to buy a copy of these products in group and pass it to everyone so theyc an copy it, we, the visually impaired cannot afford in many cases to buy the whole product so we need to be creative and help eachother to have it in our compute.r
I must state that I SUPPORT LEGAL DOWNLOADS and I just want companies to understand we the low vision and blind community need help in buying these products, please don’t make them too expensive for us!!!
Please share this blog post with all your visually impaired friends, hope you find it useful.
Low Vision Bureau