Transcription of my Low Vision Bureau show i did last weekend, please read and think about it!
Low Vision Bureau Audio Podcast:
Hi and welcome to Low Vision Bureau show.
I am Alvaro, your host and I am very happy to be here with you tonight.
I want to start the show by thanking all the wonderful comments I have received about my show.
- People from the United States and all around the world have sent me many messages saying the show was great and inspiring and positive and I am so grateful you people like it.
- Tonight the show is all about LOW VISION BUREAU GOALS
- LOW VISION BUREAU MAIN GOALS:
- The main reason I created Low vision Bureau project is that I want to help change visually impaired peoples attitudes about their vision and about how they live their lives.
- WE, the low vision community need to be UNITED and we need to stand up for our rights and fight for them with one POWERFUL VOICE!!!
- We need to feel proud and happy about who we are, we are very brave community and we must always remember that.
- I think never before in history did we have so many tools thanks to technology that can help us UNITE and create the most powerful visually impaired community the world has ever seen.
- I am in South America but I travel every year to the US and that’s where I will move in sometime so I am always informed about what happens there.
I just had a couple of days ago a very interesting conversation with someone who is blind and was telling me how many visually impaired people in the US receive a DISABILITY CHECK for “not being able to work” and that this check is a good help BUT in many cases is not enough to live on your own in any city or town.
- He told me it can help cover most of the rent for a place to stay but power, gas, phone bill, Internet, groceries, medication if needed if your insurance cant cover it, etc has to be paid somehow by you.
- PLEASE ANALYZE WHAT WE ARE SAYING HERE:
If you think about it, most of us, low vision or blind people CAN WORK at something, doing something, if WE HAVE
But rightnow thanks to the lack of education that sighted people and companies everywhere have about our visualloy impaired community, most blind and legally blind people don’t have a job because nooen will hire them and many of them end up thinking, LETS SIT ON THE COUCH AND WAIT FOR THE DISABILITY CHECK TO ARRIVE IN THE MAIL.
Some are fighting back but most are passive thinking, SOCIETY HAS TOLD ME I AM NOT CAPABLE OF WORKIGN ANYMORE, I HAVE NO CHANCES, MY BEST BET IS TO STAY HOME AND GET MY DISABILITY CHECK.
- Well I have news for you dear visually impaired listeners, THE GOVERNMENT or the companies shouldn’t dictate how to run our lives.
The reality is we all deserve a chance to prove we can work, at any age and in any field we may be capable of.
If a blind person needs a job and he or she doesn’t have experience in the field, THEY SHOULD BE TRAINED, there should be a law to make it mandatory for a company to do anything and everything to help the disabled in the work force.
So is not just that our community can work in any field we have experience in, we can be trained and learn as much as any sighted person, with ONE BIG DIFFERENCE, for a visually impaired person having a job is like a treasure and we work harder than anyone else because we know for us is hard to have and keep a job, we don’t have many choices in the workforce.
So hiring a visually impaired person makes sense by a business point of view and by a humane point of view also.
- There are some visually impaired people that due to the degree of their disability and maybe have more than one disability, they can NO LONGER WORK, so they need the disabilityc heck.
BUT there are also many that can work but aren’t rightnow.
SO if you are at home feeling sorry for yourself jobless, waiting for a check that will make you feel lazy and will put a label of I CANT DO ANYTHING in your head, its time that you stand up and say with me, NO MORE!!!
I can tell you low vision Bureau is on your side.
I want to ask any of you listening rightnow from anywhere in the United States that thinks is time to stand up and fight for what we deserve, that by receiving a little check a month, our community is getting lazy and they don’t believe in what they can really do because noone has given them the opportunity to do so, to please join me in this fight!
You can send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me your on board so we can start planning our strategies to movilize this movement and begin to have a VOICE FINALLY that people and companies all across America will listen to, they will have no choice but to listen to us!!!
We are in a state of emergency in the visually impaired community, as much as some organizations do for us, most do not enough and we need to step up to the plate and help ourselves and stop thinking they will do all for us.
If we don’t fight now noone wil for us.
I don’t know about you but I hate to hear a single mom who is blind and has 2 kids has been unemployed for months and cant pay her bills even with the disability check, what is that woman going to do if we don’t UNITE and demand companies to hire her to work from home and help her pay her bills.
There should be cases where if the disability check is not enough and the job is not enough they should get both, I mean where is humanity in all of this???
I hear stories of visually impaired professionals who became legally blind at 21 and noone will hire them, is that the future we should tolerate and be passive about?
Do you think all parents with visual impairment will not find a job? If we do nothing they wont, but if we UNITE maybe they will.
We need to take action my dear low vision friends, we cant just hope for a cure for all eye diseases and in the meantime just wait.
I am sure there will be cures for all eye diseases in the next 2 decades but you know what? Time is of the essence and I want a good future for me and I want to build my own family, I want to know I will be able somehow to provide for my future wife and kids, I want to feel useful in society, I want to give my family the very best I can.
I refuse to be in my couch waiting, I prefer to take my cane to the streets and say I am visually impaired and I can live a full life and all of us can but is time to show the world we care about eachother and about our future.
- LETS CHANGE OUR LIVES NOW, IF NOT WE WILL HAVE A VISUALLY IMPAIRED COMMUNTIY THAT WILL BE NOT RESPECTED, VALUED OR REMEMBERED AND WE WILL ALWAYS RELY ON PEOPLE TO HELP US INSTEAD OF BEING CAPABLE TO DO THINGS ON OUR OWN AND THEN ASK FOR HELP WHEN WE NEED IT.
- Think about it and email me if you feel strongly about this as I do.
Thank you for listening and act, don’t stay passive as that destroys us inside.
Add me on Facebook;
Listen to my audio Podcast: