Hi, I am Alvaro and I will start every week putting here the whole text transcription of the radio show i make so anyoen with Usher syndrome or any hearing issue will be able to learn all about the show.
If you still can hear enough to listen to the show, click below to listen:
Hi and welcome to HOPETALK, this is the official Low vision Bureau radio show.
This is a PODCAST which means I do it and record it, then I upload it here so people like you can listen to it.
You can download it to your computer, or to your Itunes, Ipod, Iphone, any mobile device, and listen to it when you want anywhere.
- My name is Alvaro, I am 36 years old, in July will turn 37.
- I have RP and Cataracts, and although no related I also suffer from anxiety.
- I bought a cane that is called MR MAGOO and has been a blessing to me.
- I was born in Colombia, South America where i am rightnow, I grew up in Europe and now I am planning to move to the United States.
- I started doing this Online Radio show as a Podcast in January 2010.
- I did it for 6 months.
- Basically the show was about Hope, motivation, making people smile, a very positive show about life.
- And I received good comments about it so after my trip to the US in September I decided to come back and do it again but now focus only in Low vision Bureau.
- Low vision Bureau is a project I started thinking about doing 10 years ago.
- But it was impossible at the time, but now the time is right to create this project.
- How and when started?
- I was talking with my best friend in November 2010 and we were in NJ where she works in a college campus library and she was asking me about my goals and dreams, so I told her I wanted to help the low vision community and she told me go for it.
- So there it started, I came to the house I was staying at and made some calls to low vision people across the US, everyone got excited and there it began.
- WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF LOW VISION BUREAU?
- First and foremost as I love to help others, I want to help and motivate anyone in the low vision community that feels down or depressed or has just been diagnosed with an eye disease and doesnt know what to do or what to expect.
- Also I want to help educate sighted people and the families and loved ones of visually impaired people about low vision issues.
- Unite the low vision community and work together to have a much more POWERFUL VOICE.
- I want to create a restaurant review guide for the blind Online where people can find the good and bad restaurants to go eat regarding light, etc…
- For this I am in talks with various restaurants in the US, and with organizations that may help us put this together.
- I am also interested in creating a general guide for the blind with everything a city and small town ahs to offer to us, I am working on this also with some people.
- I am also very interestd in giving the low vision community more sense of pride, more self esteem and help them achieve their goals.
- I have some people on board but I NEED MANY MORE VOLUNTEERS TO MAKE THIS WHOLE PROJECT A REALITY.
- IF YOU FEEL OUR LOW VISION COMMUNITY CAN BE MORE STORNG AND POWERFUL AND UNITED PLEASE JOIN ME IN THIS FIGHT.
- You can email me at
I want this project to help the world’s low community but it has to start somewhere first and it starts in the US, then we will cover other countries.
- After 4 months since I came back from the US, I have
putted together some tools to help this project get moving, each tool has a different purpose to serve this project:
- a Youtube channel where youu can find Videoblogs where i talk about Low vision Bureau, my eyesight, our goals with this project, my anxiety and my book I am writing about living with low vision.
- On this Youtube channel you will also find inspiring videos done by the low vision community, educational videos about all eye diseases, special equipment for the blind, computer assistance tutorial videos, motivational stories, I am trying to make it as useful as possible for all the low vision community.
- You can visit the channel and become a friend and susbscribe so you get notified when we have a new video there or something new.
- This is the address:
- A Facebook page that some good friends with low vision have helped me putted together called Restaurants reviews for the blind where people from the US and from Canada and the UK as well are posting reviews of restaurants in our wall to elt others know where to go or not go depending on the light, servicc, obstacles, etc…
- Here is the address:
- A Twitter account from where I talk about news regarding low vision Bureau, the upcoming shows I am planning, my upcoming cooking recipes, etc..
- You can visit the twitter profile and become a follower to be updated on everything happening with our project.
- Visit our twitter profile at: www.twitter.com/lowvisionbureau
- A HOPETALK Facebook page that I just started where I will talk about the upcoming shows and upload videos exclusively for our radio show audience talking about the show goals and how to help us, also will keep everyone informed about our new shows content thru our blog.
- The Low vision Bureau Blog that I just started and that will have there, everything we are doing with this project, new raido shows I plan, videos, anything and everything, and the priceless contribution of low vision people from across the US. and all around the world.
- This blog is easy to read for the visually impaired.
- I also run a little cooking recipes blog on my Facebook Profile, I called it Cooking with low vision and you can read those recipes just by adding me on Facebook;
AND now will publish those recipes here as well.
- AND coming in a few weeks the Low vision Bureau Website.
So now you know what is Low vision Bureau, I hope you will become a loyal listener and you will help us make this a wonderful project!
- IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT YOUR LOW VISION OR YOUR FAMILY OR LOVED ONE’S LOW VISION PLEASE DON’T HESITATE IN CONTACTING ME
- My Skype is lowvisionbureau
- If you don’t know what skype is, is a FREE instant messenger like MSN or Yahoo but the voice chats and video chats are amazing, so I talk to many friends in the US this way and is amazing.
- I also have Magicjack that is a wonderful device that allows me to call to the US and Canada and the sound quality is wonderful, I call cellphones and landlines also.
- My email is email@example.com
Have a great day and remember to stay HOPEFUL.